Freedom Squadron Commando's Manual
It’s the year 2051, and World War III only ended two years ago. Even as the world began to rebuild from the conflagration, humanity was rocked by the revelation that a massive organization engaged in a terrible conspiracy to bring Earth to its knees and under their control. VENOM became the enemy of all freedom-loving people, using military might, criminal undertakings, weird science, occult mysteries, and economic warfare to attack humanity and install their mighty leader, VENOM Commander, firmly in control of the world.
But Freedom Squadron has something to say about that! Formed by the allies of the Trans-Atlantic Coalition, under the auspices of the United Nations, Freedom Squadron is an international force comprised of elite soldiers, sailors, pilots, special agents, first responders, and more, all dedicated to protecting the Earth from VENOM and other terrible forces and strange, mysterious dangers.
The Freedom Squadron Commando’s Manual is everything you need to create a hero ready to take the battle to VENOM, using the Savage Worlds system:
- Vocation Frameworks like Athlete, Guerilla Fighter, Law Enforcement Officer, Medic, Ninja, Pilot, Sailor, Soldier, Spy, and many more!
- Hero’s Journey Specialization Tables such as Black Ops, Close Quarters Combat, Command, Intelligence, Naval Operations, Special Operations, Tech & Engineering, and more!
- New Edges, including Carnage Corps, Fighting Style, Operational Planning, Strange DNA, Zone Specialist, and more!
- Introducing Focuses, special enhancements to Skills that both simplifies and fleshes out the Skill system of Savage Worlds.
- Tons of Gear - weapons, armor, vehicles, and more!
Grab this manual and get started on earning your Code Name, Recruit! Welcome to Freedom Squadron!
Freedom Squadron Plans & Operations Manual
Heads Up, Commandos!
General Steel issued the mandate – stop VENOM’s latest scheme at all costs! Mirage gathered the initial intel, Top Boss crunched the numbers, and Uplink sent out the call. Now Sundown is calling you onto the Hornet so he can get you to the rendezvous with the rest of your mission team.
Now it’s up to you and your fellow Commandos to work up the plan, insert into the op-zone, bypass security, talk your way past the front office people, hack the systems, and take out the Pythons you find guarding that last vault.
It all comes down to making a good plan and executing a solid operation! The Freedom Squadron Plans & Operations Manual is everything you need to generate adventures and scenarios, as well as learn all about the world of VENOM Assault and Freedom Squadron:
- The new and highly innovative Plans & Operations rules, developed by Sean Patrick Fannon to enable GMs and players to narratively work together to create immersive, multi-faceted “mission montages” that use all of a team’s skills and resources while encouraging maximum narrative creativity for each player.
- A Mission Generator that works for Freedom Squadron or any modern post-modern setting featuring military and special operative heroes.
- A richly detailed history of the world of Freedom Squadron and VENOM, with a Timeline that covers everything from pre-history all the way through the end of World War III and the founding of Freedom Squadron.
- A system of special Mission Rewards that includes a new Contacts system, enabling players to develop special connections and relationships with specialists who can help them in future missions.
- Files and stats for lots of VENOM bad guys as well as Mission Specialists that can be called in to fill gaps in a team’s capabilities.
“Savage Worlds was created to handle the kinds of games I often like to play and run, where you can be a badass fighter or wizard or whatever, but you can also be a leader. A planner. I’m proud of how the game accommodates that, and my friend Sean Patrick Fannon has added even more to it in Freedom Squadron.
I had a blast in the Plans & Operations phase riffing off the other players, figuring out how best to use our individual characters’ skills, and then watching it all come together in the adventures that followed. Sean isn’t afraid of big games and big ideas, and this may be his best yet. I can’t wait to back, buy, and run it myself!” - Shane Hensley, Creator of Savage Worlds
Grab this manual and get cracking on missions against VENOM and the other threats that endanger the whole world. Welcome to Freedom Squadron!
Plans & Operations Tutorial Videos
These are two videos we shot to teach you all about how this most innovative aspect of the Freedom Squadron setting works. You'll quickly discover the Freedom Squadron Plans & Operations Manual is something you'll want for any Savage Worlds game you're running!
Plans & Operations Deck
The Tools to Run the Op!
This is the Printed version of the Plans & Operations Deck , a key tool for using the Plans & Operations Manual for Freedom Squadron. This deck is also incredibly useful for any campaign where you want to use those highly flexible and narrative rules for running anything from an insertion into a single enemy stronghold to a global investigation into enemy activity.
Check out the tutorial for how this all works below!
The Freedom Squadron for Savage Worlds' Plans and Operations Deck has a total of 97 cards/deck. You'll want the Freedom Squadron Plans & Operations Manual at a minimum, and probably the Freedom Squadron Commando's Manual for the full experience. All of this is for use with the Savage Worlds game system by Pinnacle Entertainment.
Freedom Squadron Adventure Manual: All That Glitters
A beginner scenario written by industry veteran and Dark Brigade (by Spectrum Games) creator Eddy Webb!
Professor Mortis is at it again, using his blend of super science and occultism to make bigger and better soldiers for VENOM. This time he has discovered a strange type of sapphire in an abandoned mine in Alaska. The gems have an unusual quality which, when properly distilled, can cause people to become powerful berserkers! Can Freedom Squadron discover his nefarious scheme while the powerful VENOM Rattlesnakes continue their chaotic crime spree?
This adventure is designed for a team of Novice characters, Recruits on their first mission for Freedom Squadron.
Freedom Squadron Digital Extras Bundle
Freedom Squadron Stretch Goals!
This is the Digital Stretch Goal Bundle that all backers helped unlock. There's a ton of goodies to enhance your Freedom Squadron gaming experience, including:
- Three adventures written by Raymond Bruells III, entitled Desecration of Heroes, Sting of the WASP, and The Island of Professor Mortis.
- Two adventures written by Ross Watson, entitled A Lovely Little Town and Highest Bidder.
- Nineteen (19) pre-generated characters, representing each of the Vocation Frameworks included in the Commando's Manual.
- Three bonus Vocation Frameworks that will appear in future books (the Occult Operations Manual and the Advanced Tech Manual) : the Monster Hunter, the Shaman, and the Combat Engineer.
- A blank character sheet
- A set of "sticker" images you can use to create your own custom Bennies.
Freedom Squadron Villain & Valor: Red Talon vs. Catamount
Heads Up, Commandos!
It’s ninja versus super-soldier in the next Freedom Squadron mini-PDF! Villain & Valor: Red Talon vs. Catamount provides a brand-new hero from SpyGlass Games’ VENOM ASSAULT: Villains & Valor expansion—and brand-new options for Freedom Squadron Game Masters and players!
Red Talon, sub-commander of VENOM’s Shadow Fangs, seeks to assassinate Toxin and usurp leadership of the deadly ninja!
Catamount and Wally the mountain lion escaped a VENOM super-soldier program and now lend their superhuman combat skills to Freedom Squadron!
In addition to stats and story seeds for these new characters, this PDF previews new options from the upcoming Advanced Tech and Occult Operations Manuals: the highly customizable Super-Soldier Framework and new mystical martial arts Edges. Create a new commando with astonishing abilities! Cultivate your qi and master the Four Guardian Forms!
Freedom Squadron Double Trouble: Gorgon & Vipress
Heads Up, Commandos!
FREEDOM SQUADRON returns with a new series of short PDFs highlighting allies, enemies, new Frameworks, vehicles, and more!
The first offering provides Savage Worlds Adventure Edition-compatible stats for vile arms dealer GORGON and the terrifying KOMODO armored troop transport... and official stats for VIPRESS, VENOM's spymaster!