The Coolest Doghouse on the Web!
Welcome to the website for Evil Beagle Games.
Take a look around at all the great stuff we've published, and all the stuff we have coming soon! This is your home for great gaming fun!
Prowlers & Paragons Ultimate Edition - Pre-Order Now at KS Levels!
On March 19th, 2019, we launched our very successful Kickstarter campaign to fund the production of Prowlers & Paragons Ultimate Edition and it's companion book, Pinnacle City's Most Wanted. Both will be available for general sale later this year.
But you can still pre-order and gain access to many of the Kickstarter levels right now! The PledgeManager is open to everyone, so hurry and don't miss out on the superhero game Bruce Harlick (award-winning game designer, former creator & editor for the granddaddy supers game of them all, Champions) calls -
"...an elegant super heroic system that is loose enough to let people play larger-than-life heroes while still providing enough crunch during conflict resolution to be totally satisfying. It's like a bridge between the crunchy games of the 80s (Champions) and the modern day aesthetic. It plays fast and fun and players' actions are only limited by their character conception -- and their imagination. Two toasts from Foxbat's Secret Lair on this one!”
If you want to check out a free and very complete preview of the rules and the game experience, grab our P&PUE Quickstart Rules right now!
Handfuls of Dice - the Prowlers & Paragons Ultimate Edition Show!
Handfuls of Dice is a superhero RPG campaign featuring the Prowlers & Paragons Ultimate Edition rules designed by Len Pimentel and set in the Omniverse realm of Modern Gods created by Sean Patrick Fannon.
Meet the cast -
Ammon Underhill - PALEO, an AGEnt (Advanced Genetic Entity) with the power to transform into any animal, as long as it is extinct.
Caitlyn Jensen - SUNBURST, a plasma-wielding AGEnt struggling to control the fullness of her powers.
Kathryn Jones - TIMELAPSE, an Essence Weaver with the powers of chronomancy, defending the world against time tyrants.
Michael Jones - MORDRIEL, a Celestial in service to the Humanity Ascension Legion.
Sammi Seabolt - SHALENDRA, a Spring Court Fae sorceress with a diplomat's sensibilities.
Sean Patrick Fannon - THE GAME MASTER, creator of the Modern Gods setting, and co-designer of P&PUE.
Handfuls of Dice is the premier show for Evil Beagle Entertainment, a spinoff of Evil Beagle Games, focused on "geek media."
Oceanic Discoveries (5e) Now Available!
"The Professor," Michael Surbrook, brings his incredible research skills and in-depth knowledge of subjects historical, mythical, and fantastic to the great frontier on and beneath the waves.
Designed specifically for people playing 5e campaigns.
Continuing the combination of utility, imaginative content, and deep research found in the Discoveries series, Evil Beagle's resident scholar and master-of-cleverness, Michael Surbrook, brings another useful toolkit to bear for Game Masters who want to elevate their games. In this case, Oceanic Discoveries is an extraordinary treatise on how to incorporate the oceans and all they contain within your 5e campaign, including -
- Tons of information about oceans, seas, great lakes, the travel upon and beneath them, and the realms and locations they present.
- The history and mythology of ocean and water travel throughout the ages and the Seven Seas.
- A significant and highly-detailed set of random encounter tables to enhance your GMing of any 5e campaign featuring the last great frontier of the world.
Freedom Squadron (SW) Now Available!
It’s the year 2051, and World War III only ended two years ago. Even as the world began to rebuild from the conflagration, humanity was rocked by the revelation that a massive organization engaged in a terrible conspiracy to bring Earth to its knees and under their control. VENOM became the enemy of all freedom-loving people, using military might, criminal undertakings, weird science, occult mysteries, and economic warfare to attack humanity and install their mighty leader, VENOM Commander, firmly in control of the world.
But Freedom Squadron has something to say about that!
Formed by the allies of the Trans-Atlantic Coalition, under the auspices of the United Nations, Freedom Squadron is an international force comprised of elite soldiers, sailors, pilots,
special agents, first responders, and more, all dedicated to protecting the Earth from VENOM and other terrible forces and
strange, mysterious dangers.
The Freedom Squadron Commando’s Manual is everything you need to create a hero ready to take the battle to VENOM, using the Savage Worlds system:
- Vocation Frameworks like Athlete, Guerilla Fighter, Law Enforcement Officer, Medic, Ninja, Pilot, Sailor, Soldier, Spy, and many more!
- Hero’s Journey Specialization Tables such as Black Ops, Close Quarters Combat, Command, Intelligence, Naval Operations, Special Operations, Tech & Engineering, and more!
- New Edges, including Carnage Corps, Fighting Style, Operational Planning, Strange DNA, Zone Specialist, and more!
- Introducing Focuses, special enhancements to Skills that both simplifies and fleshes out the Skill system of Savage Worlds.
- Tons of Gear - weapons, armor, vehicles, and more!
It all comes down to making a good plan and executing a solid operation! The Freedom Squadron Plans & Operations Manual is everything you need to generate adventures and scenarios, as well as learn all about the world of VENOM Assault and Freedom Squadron:
- The new and highly innovative Plans & Operations rules, developed by Sean Patrick Fannon to enable GMs and players to narratively work together to create immersive, multi-faceted “mission montages” that use all of a team’s skills and resources while encouraging maximum narrative creativity for each player.
- A Mission Generator that works for Freedom Squadron or any modern post-modern setting featuring military and special operative heroes.
- A richly detailed history of the world of Freedom Squadron and VENOM, with a Timeline that covers everything from pre-history all the way through the end of World War III and the founding of Freedom Squadron.
- A system of special Mission Rewards that includes a new Contacts system, enabling players to develop special connections and relationships with specialists who can help them in future missions.
- Files and stats for lots of VENOM bad guys as well as Mission Specialists that can be called in to fill gaps in a team’s capabilities.
Treasure Discoveries (5e) Now Available!
Interesting and Mysterious Things for Any Fantasy Game Where the Heroes Seek and Earn Treasure
Designed specifically for people playing 5e campaigns.
Continuing the combination of utility, imaginative content, and deep research found in Feywild Discoveries, City Discoveries, and Draconic Discoveries, Evil Beagle's resident scholar and master-of-cleverness, Michael Surbrook (AKA "The Professor"), brings another useful toolkit to bear for Game Masters who want to elevate their games. In this case, Treasure Discoveries is designed to present game masters with a wealth (no pun intended) of information when it comes to creating treasure caches and troves. This includes -
- The Who, What, When, Where, Why, and How of Treasure: Discussing the very nature of treasure itself. More than items of value, treasure represents the history, wealth, and a full narrative of the lands and people of a world. There's also matters of where a treasure comes from and how it wound out where the heroes can find it, among many other questions to ask and answer.
- Contents of a Treasure Trove: The "brass tacks," so to speak, of what a treasure trove is made of. Precious (and practical) metals; gems of every color and type; crafted objects of a dizzying variety; and items of value that don't necessarily fit neatly into a backpack are among the many things covered.
- Containers of Treasure: What will you find your treasure reward within? A bag, chest, or coffin? What is an amphorae, a catafalque, or coffer?
- Treasure Trove Set Pieces: For quick reference and use, you get five different collections of treasure that might be found, from a bandit leader's pouch to a dragon's hoard.
- Random Treasure Trove Tables: Expanding dramatically from the tables found in the Dungeon Master's Guide, these tables give the GM extraordinary deep and colorful results when randomly generating the discovered treasures found in any situation.
That last part is the true meat of the product, as it can enhance any fantasy game with a couple of simple rolls. Treasure Discoveries is an invaluable tool for any GM hoping for some quick-and-easy help in elevating their scenario with interesting and descriptively-fulfilling treasures to fight for and earn.
Six-Gun Fury Now Available!
Welcome to the Furious West!
The Western Action-Adventure Movie Roleplaying Game
Six-Gun Fury is a love letter to Sergio Leone, thinly disguised as a rules-light roleplaying game of Action-Adventure Westerns. Like many western action movies, the game is set in a version of the Old West that has almost nothing to do with actual history, a place we like to call the Furious West.
Using an updated version of the ruleset introduced in Magnum Fury, our original action movie roleplaying game and the progenitor of our Furious Games line, Six-Gun Fury is a fast-playing game about action heroes in a mythical old west that never really existed.
If you never found westerns all that interesting or don’t think you know enough about the Old West to run a western game, then this game is especially for you … because we felt the same way.
Or at least we did when we started working on Six-Gun Fury. But then we rediscovered the western, and fell in love with the genre. Westerns have it all: action, adventure, comedy, excitement, heroism, mystery, romance, sacrifice, tragedy, everything. But there’s something special about westerns, something raw, something almost post-apocalyptic about them, without the need for an actual apocalypse. And there’s something almost impossibly poignant about the small, personal stories that are so important to the western’s larger-than-life characters, and often to them alone.
So don’t worry about whether you know enough about the Old West. Trust us, you do. On top of that, we watched way too many westerns and spent way too many hours doing actual research so you don’t have to. We boiled everything that really matters about Westerns (at least as far as this game’s concerned) down into a few pages of ideas and random tables to help you throw a western game together in no time flat.
Come on, partner, the Furious West is waiting for you, here in Six-Gun Fury!