The Coolest Doghouse on the Web!
Welcome to the website for Evil Beagle Games.
Take a look around at all the great stuff we've published, and all the stuff we have coming soon! This is your home for great gaming fun!
Treasure Discoveries (5e) Now Available!
Interesting and Mysterious Things for Any Fantasy Game Where the Heroes Seek and Earn Treasure
Designed specifically for people playing 5e campaigns.
Continuing the combination of utility, imaginative content, and deep research found in Feywild Discoveries, City Discoveries, and Draconic Discoveries, Evil Beagle's resident scholar and master-of-cleverness, Michael Surbrook (AKA "The Professor"), brings another useful toolkit to bear for Game Masters who want to elevate their games. In this case, Treasure Discoveries is designed to present game masters with a wealth (no pun intended) of information when it comes to creating treasure caches and troves. This includes -
- The Who, What, When, Where, Why, and How of Treasure: Discussing the very nature of treasure itself. More than items of value, treasure represents the history, wealth, and a full narrative of the lands and people of a world. There's also matters of where a treasure comes from and how it wound out where the heroes can find it, among many other questions to ask and answer.
- Contents of a Treasure Trove: The "brass tacks," so to speak, of what a treasure trove is made of. Precious (and practical) metals; gems of every color and type; crafted objects of a dizzying variety; and items of value that don't necessarily fit neatly into a backpack are among the many things covered.
- Containers of Treasure: What will you find your treasure reward within? A bag, chest, or coffin? What is an amphorae, a catafalque, or coffer?
- Treasure Trove Set Pieces: For quick reference and use, you get five different collections of treasure that might be found, from a bandit leader's pouch to a dragon's hoard.
- Random Treasure Trove Tables: Expanding dramatically from the tables found in the Dungeon Master's Guide, these tables give the GM extraordinary deep and colorful results when randomly generating the discovered treasures found in any situation.
That last part is the true meat of the product, as it can enhance any fantasy game with a couple of simple rolls. Treasure Discoveries is an invaluable tool for any GM hoping for some quick-and-easy help in elevating their scenario with interesting and descriptively-fulfilling treasures to fight for and earn.
Six-Gun Fury Now Available!
Welcome to the Furious West!
The Western Action-Adventure Movie Roleplaying Game
Six-Gun Fury is a love letter to Sergio Leone, thinly disguised as a rules-light roleplaying game of Action-Adventure Westerns. Like many western action movies, the game is set in a version of the Old West that has almost nothing to do with actual history, a place we like to call the Furious West.
Using an updated version of the ruleset introduced in Magnum Fury, our original action movie roleplaying game and the progenitor of our Furious Games line, Six-Gun Fury is a fast-playing game about action heroes in a mythical old west that never really existed.
If you never found westerns all that interesting or don’t think you know enough about the Old West to run a western game, then this game is especially for you … because we felt the same way.
Or at least we did when we started working on Six-Gun Fury. But then we rediscovered the western, and fell in love with the genre. Westerns have it all: action, adventure, comedy, excitement, heroism, mystery, romance, sacrifice, tragedy, everything. But there’s something special about westerns, something raw, something almost post-apocalyptic about them, without the need for an actual apocalypse. And there’s something almost impossibly poignant about the small, personal stories that are so important to the western’s larger-than-life characters, and often to them alone.
So don’t worry about whether you know enough about the Old West. Trust us, you do. On top of that, we watched way too many westerns and spent way too many hours doing actual research so you don’t have to. We boiled everything that really matters about Westerns (at least as far as this game’s concerned) down into a few pages of ideas and random tables to help you throw a western game together in no time flat.
Come on, partner, the Furious West is waiting for you, here in Six-Gun Fury!
Draconic Discoveries (5e) Now Available!
One of the most iconic entities of fantasy and mythology gets the kind of in-depth treatment only "the Professor," Michael Surbrook, can give.
Designed specifically for people playing 5e campaigns.
Continuing the combination of utility, imaginative content, and deep research found in the Discoveries series, Evil Beagle's resident scholar and master-of-cleverness, Michael Surbrook, brings another useful toolkit to bear for Game Masters who want to elevate their games. In this case, Draconic Discoveries is an extraordinary treatise on how to incorporate the most powerful and dominant creatures of any fantasy setting into your campaign, including:
- Tons of information about dragons—their habits, their interests, and how they deal with the world around them.
- Distinctive lairs for each type of dragon, tailored to their specific natures and capabilities.
- Various non-dragon entities that bear much in common to their draconic cousins.
This is a much bigger and deeper product than most of the Discoveries products, as befits the large and in-charge nature of its subjects.
Sean's Picks of the Week for 11-12 to 11-16: World at War Week!
Our Next Big Project!
Watch this space for preview material for Prowlers and Paragons: Ultimate Edition, coming to Kickstarter March, 2019!
About the Town Bundle
The About the Town Bundle features products from Bill Keyes’ Cities of Wonder line (all of them, in fact, including the brand-new The Imperial City) and a number of town-useful products from Michael Surbrook Presents.
The entire package of nine products (featuring stuff for Savage Worlds, Pathfinder, Dungeons & Dragons 5e, and lots of system-agnostic material) is 25% off regular price.
The About the Town Bundle features the following products:
- Clay Town – Clay Town is an impoverished city on the far edge of a great empire, founded in hope but fallen on hard times. It’s rife with crime, corruption, and a dark cult that hopes to use its seclusion to further their evil ends. Can your heroes save Clay Town from itself (or alternately, can they profit off its misery and get away before the whole thing comes down on them)?
- Empty Rooms & Vacant Windows (Savage Worlds) – Haunted: inhabited by or as if by apparitions; “a haunted house” Michael Surbrook, Evil Beagle’s resident scholar and master-of-cleverness, delves once again into the creepy and unnerving as he helps fellow Game Masters explore all the ways in which a truly haunted domicile can become the center of a great tale at the game table.
- Filthy Lucre – Is the money on that character sheet just a recorded number, or is it an important part of the narrative experience for you and the other players at the table. Michael Surbrook once again brings his extraordinary gifts of knowledge, historical research, and a love of useful detail to a subject that affects every fantasy game you might play in.
- The Grand Melee (Pathfinder, Dungeons & Dragons 5e, Savage Worlds) – Flashing swords, shining armor, and shattering lances… …are all part of the greatest sporting event of the Middle Ages: the Tournament. With The Grand Melee, you have all the information you need to include a medieval tournament in your campaign!
- The Imperial City – The Imperial City was once the heart of a mighty empire, but generations ago a pair of powerful dragons laid it to waste then claimed its burned-out ruins as their lair. Now, over a hundred years later, they and their progeny still hold unquestioned rule over these lands. Will your brave heroes dare to enter their territory and explore these ancient ruins? Will you find treasures untold, or will the savage dragons leave your bones to bleach in the sun?
- Unpleasant Discoveries (Dungeons & Dragons 5e) – A long-time fan of settings like Ravenloft, Evil Beagle’s resident scholar and master-of-cleverness, Michael Surbrook, brings another useful toolkit to bear for Game Masters who want to elevate their games. In this case, Unpleasant Discoveries is an extraordinary treaties on how to run compelling horror-fantasy.
- Whispering Pines – Whispering Pines is a tiny village hidden deep in the north woods, surrounded by a deep pine forest. It has always been a dark, isolated, and unwelcoming place. Now it is a nightmare for those who live here, a nightmare which threatens to spill out from this secluded enclave and engulf the entire world, because it has been taken over by the undead.
Freedom Squadron Promotional Video!
Check out this amazing video for our Freedom Squadron project. It features the technical video wizardry of the always-amazing Cheyenne Wright and the jaw-dropping art of Phil Cho! Check out more amazing video presentations on our official YouTube Channel: WNN - Freedom Squadron RPG.