The Coolest Doghouse on the Web!
Welcome to the website for Evil Beagle Games.
Take a look around at all the great stuff we've published, and all the stuff we have coming soon! This is your home for great gaming fun!
Fiendish Discoveries (5e) Now Available!
Fascinating and Terrifying Elements for Any Fantasy Game Where the Heroes Encounter the Fiendish
Designed specifically for people playing 5e campaigns.
Continuing the combination of utility, imaginative content, and deep research found in such books as Treasure Discoveries, Feywild Discoveries, City Discoveries, and Draconic Discoveries, Evil Beagle's resident scholar and master-of-cleverness, Michael Surbrook (AKA "The Professor"), brings another useful toolkit to bear for Game Masters who want to elevate their games. In this case, Fiendish Discoveries is designed to present game masters with a full understand of and extensive resources for the use of fiends in a campaign. This includes:
- The Nature of Fiends: Discussing the very nature of demons, devils, yugoloths, and related fiendish spirits. This includes understanding their psychology, how to roleplay them, what they want, and other ways to believably incorporate them in your campaign.
- Fiendish Patrons: A keystone part of playing a warlock, a patron is an intricate influence on a warlock PC's experiences. The nature of the fiendish contract for patronage is explored in great detail.
- Fiendish Bloodline: Did your sorcerer enter in a fiendish contract for power, or did an ancestor have a... troubling relationship? The benefits of such a background for a sorcerer are detailed in this new PC option.
- Fiendish Portents: Sights, sounds, smells, and other indications a GM can use to enhance the flavor and experience of a fiendishly-entangled storyline.
- Fiendish Encounters: Numerous set pieces - Gates, Lairs, Scenarios, and more - designed to drag-and-drop right into your fantasy campaign to add the terror and mystery of the fiendish to the story.
There's also a selection of Asian/Pacific Rim fiends to compliment your collection of monsters found in standard D&D sources. As well, the Professor's compiled a very thorough Fiendish Reference index, indicating what fiends can be found where among those same sources. Finally, a complete (and completely horrifying-yet-fascinating) set of randomizing tables enabling you to generate a nigh-infinite variety of unknowable fiends for your campaign.
Freedom Squadron (SW) Now Available!
It’s the year 2051, and World War III only ended two years ago. Even as the world began to rebuild from the conflagration, humanity was rocked by the revelation that a massive organization engaged in a terrible conspiracy to bring Earth to its knees and under their control. VENOM became the enemy of all freedom-loving people, using military might, criminal undertakings, weird science, occult mysteries, and economic warfare to attack humanity and install their mighty leader, VENOM Commander, firmly in control of the world.
But Freedom Squadron has something to say about that!
Formed by the allies of the Trans-Atlantic Coalition, under the auspices of the United Nations, Freedom Squadron is an international force comprised of elite soldiers, sailors, pilots,
special agents, first responders, and more, all dedicated to protecting the Earth from VENOM and other terrible forces and
strange, mysterious dangers.
The Freedom Squadron Commando’s Manual is everything you need to create a hero ready to take the battle to VENOM, using the Savage Worlds system:
- Vocation Frameworks like Athlete, Guerilla Fighter, Law Enforcement Officer, Medic, Ninja, Pilot, Sailor, Soldier, Spy, and many more!
- Hero’s Journey Specialization Tables such as Black Ops, Close Quarters Combat, Command, Intelligence, Naval Operations, Special Operations, Tech & Engineering, and more!
- New Edges, including Carnage Corps, Fighting Style, Operational Planning, Strange DNA, Zone Specialist, and more!
- Introducing Focuses, special enhancements to Skills that both simplifies and fleshes out the Skill system of Savage Worlds.
- Tons of Gear - weapons, armor, vehicles, and more!
It all comes down to making a good plan and executing a solid operation! The Freedom Squadron Plans & Operations Manual is everything you need to generate adventures and scenarios, as well as learn all about the world of VENOM Assault and Freedom Squadron:
- The new and highly innovative Plans & Operations rules, developed by Sean Patrick Fannon to enable GMs and players to narratively work together to create immersive, multi-faceted “mission montages” that use all of a team’s skills and resources while encouraging maximum narrative creativity for each player.
- A Mission Generator that works for Freedom Squadron or any modern post-modern setting featuring military and special operative heroes.
- A richly detailed history of the world of Freedom Squadron and VENOM, with a Timeline that covers everything from pre-history all the way through the end of World War III and the founding of Freedom Squadron.
- A system of special Mission Rewards that includes a new Contacts system, enabling players to develop special connections and relationships with specialists who can help them in future missions.
- Files and stats for lots of VENOM bad guys as well as Mission Specialists that can be called in to fill gaps in a team’s capabilities.
Treasure Discoveries (5e) Now Available!
Interesting and Mysterious Things for Any Fantasy Game Where the Heroes Seek and Earn Treasure
Designed specifically for people playing 5e campaigns.
Continuing the combination of utility, imaginative content, and deep research found in Feywild Discoveries, City Discoveries, and Draconic Discoveries, Evil Beagle's resident scholar and master-of-cleverness, Michael Surbrook (AKA "The Professor"), brings another useful toolkit to bear for Game Masters who want to elevate their games. In this case, Treasure Discoveries is designed to present game masters with a wealth (no pun intended) of information when it comes to creating treasure caches and troves. This includes -
- The Who, What, When, Where, Why, and How of Treasure: Discussing the very nature of treasure itself. More than items of value, treasure represents the history, wealth, and a full narrative of the lands and people of a world. There's also matters of where a treasure comes from and how it wound out where the heroes can find it, among many other questions to ask and answer.
- Contents of a Treasure Trove: The "brass tacks," so to speak, of what a treasure trove is made of. Precious (and practical) metals; gems of every color and type; crafted objects of a dizzying variety; and items of value that don't necessarily fit neatly into a backpack are among the many things covered.
- Containers of Treasure: What will you find your treasure reward within? A bag, chest, or coffin? What is an amphorae, a catafalque, or coffer?
- Treasure Trove Set Pieces: For quick reference and use, you get five different collections of treasure that might be found, from a bandit leader's pouch to a dragon's hoard.
- Random Treasure Trove Tables: Expanding dramatically from the tables found in the Dungeon Master's Guide, these tables give the GM extraordinary deep and colorful results when randomly generating the discovered treasures found in any situation.
That last part is the true meat of the product, as it can enhance any fantasy game with a couple of simple rolls. Treasure Discoveries is an invaluable tool for any GM hoping for some quick-and-easy help in elevating their scenario with interesting and descriptively-fulfilling treasures to fight for and earn.
Six-Gun Fury Now Available!
Welcome to the Furious West!
The Western Action-Adventure Movie Roleplaying Game
Six-Gun Fury is a love letter to Sergio Leone, thinly disguised as a rules-light roleplaying game of Action-Adventure Westerns. Like many western action movies, the game is set in a version of the Old West that has almost nothing to do with actual history, a place we like to call the Furious West.
Using an updated version of the ruleset introduced in Magnum Fury, our original action movie roleplaying game and the progenitor of our Furious Games line, Six-Gun Fury is a fast-playing game about action heroes in a mythical old west that never really existed.
If you never found westerns all that interesting or don’t think you know enough about the Old West to run a western game, then this game is especially for you … because we felt the same way.
Or at least we did when we started working on Six-Gun Fury. But then we rediscovered the western, and fell in love with the genre. Westerns have it all: action, adventure, comedy, excitement, heroism, mystery, romance, sacrifice, tragedy, everything. But there’s something special about westerns, something raw, something almost post-apocalyptic about them, without the need for an actual apocalypse. And there’s something almost impossibly poignant about the small, personal stories that are so important to the western’s larger-than-life characters, and often to them alone.
So don’t worry about whether you know enough about the Old West. Trust us, you do. On top of that, we watched way too many westerns and spent way too many hours doing actual research so you don’t have to. We boiled everything that really matters about Westerns (at least as far as this game’s concerned) down into a few pages of ideas and random tables to help you throw a western game together in no time flat.
Come on, partner, the Furious West is waiting for you, here in Six-Gun Fury!
Our Next Big Project!
Watch this space for preview material for Prowlers and Paragons: Ultimate Edition, coming to Kickstarter March, 2019!